Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Do something! Make Your Life Count

Wow it's justs after midnight. But I have a good reason for being so late today. Between my hectic schedule of classes, homework, and finally campus church, I had nearly no time for the internet. I'm actually supposed to be typing up my book report right now. Oh well.

Normally campus church is only on Wednesdays at 7:45, and we get out somewhere around 9-9:30. But this week my school hosted a Spiritual Emphasis Week, also known as S.E.W. And there are sermons preached on both Wednesday and Thursday nights along with some during the days. Tonight there was some bad planning and there was a basketball game going on in the location we normally have church. So they pushed back the time and moved us into another building. And let me just say, we packed it out! Several thousand college students poured into the building until there was standing room only. And stayed from 9:00 to 11 pm! So crazy. But it was really good and I learned a lot. It was a relationship sermon today, and while it was really awkward, it was awesome. Read the story of Ruth and Boaz! What a good love story. Just don't let yourself get caught up in the cultural difference.

After church, I bought the speaker's book. DO Something!: Make Your Life Count. Yes, I bought another book to add to the collection. I don't know when I'm going to have time to read it. I'm still trying for my "book every two weeks" thing, but for this time I don't think I'm going to make it. I'm reading two books at once and it's slow going.

But I'm going home for the weekend and hopefully I'll get in some good reading time. And I'm praying I don't get snowed in, as we are supposed to a lot of inches tomorrow night.

Picture # 28



Don't I look so emo/rocker chick? I love it. I used to play guitar, but then mine broke and while it's fixed now, I lost all motivation to play. It's pretty depressing. Maybe once my life calms down I'll pick it back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment