Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Welcome to Leadership

This week was my first official week as leadership on the hall. It's been fun, but a bit harder than I was expecting it to be. I met with the five girls I lead tonight, and it went really well. It's tough to hear some of the things the girls are going through, but I think it helps them to talk about it and to know that someone is praying for them.

 To begin I played them a clip of Kristin Chenoweth singing a song that went along perfectly with the lesson I prepared. We had some fun time, and then some serious time. I definitely want to be there for all of them throughout the week. And tomorrow will be my second week of attending the leadership class. It's a lot of fun, my first time going the teacher played Hakuna Matata and everyone sang along. It was quite epic.

Anyway, the weather today was awful. And I mean awful. I was going to take another picture outside, but it is cold and rainy and just miserable. Now it's snowing but when I had time to take a picture it was basically sleeting. My roommate and I made a walmart run today since the roads weren't iced over. I got some milk and fruit, and together we bought a small rug to go with our room. It's pretty tiny, but within our budget. And it gives our space a homey feel.

Picture # 33 In the zone!


I know it's unique framing, but I really like it. I'm almost exactly taking up half the picture, but the left side is not completely negative space so it just all works together to aim the eye to my face. Then to my lower forearm, which looks huge. :( All in all, I'd say this picture wraps up the weather of the day quite nicely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment