Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The day my dog died.

Depressing, I know. But I want to document that it happened on this day. My parents think she passed away early this morning, around 1:30. I just found out over the phone around eight. All I'm going to say is thank God for walk in closets. And that it breaks my heart that I wasn't there. I don't even have any pictures of her on this computer. I know I have a few on my old one, so maybe I'll work on getting a few posted up in her memory tomorrow.

I'm posting two pictures tonight, because they both speak to me in different ways.
Picture # 207
I can't fully understand why I like this picture so much, but I do. It's completely out of fucus, but you know what the subject is. I guess you can also put some symbolism into it, since I've been losing a lot of my focus this past month, but hopefully some things will start clearing up soon. Mostly it's all just been in my head. All this junk I keep hanging on to is probably why I've been having trouble sleeping at night. 
Picture 207 b
BAM, headshot. Maybe not the most creative thing I could do, but I feel like I picked a direction and am growing. Hopefully I'll get to move past my frivolous matters of the heart soon and take charge of my life like I feel like I'm portraying in my picture. 

P.s., Here is a link to a picture of my dog and I way back in January. I can't believe I didn't take more with her now. I always had mean to...

4 comments:

  1. oh no beth! I'm so sorry! Your dog is beautiful (

    And both your pictures today are very poignant.

    much hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that! She was so cute!

    Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys. Your encouragement really means a lot!!!

    *Hugs back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say I like the out of focus one too! Its almost got a calming effect for everything involved in the picture. Unable to see any of the, sometimes harsh, flaws that exist in our lives.
    Michael Wrape

    ReplyDelete