Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 2: SAT-7

Forgive me, as I really still do not know how I am going to go about each non-profit. And I had a greater challenge today when I came home and found that the internet had gone out. I'm currently sitting in a McDonald's (very awkwardly, I might add), because Panera Bread closed. But I wasn't going to miss this!



What is SAT-7?
                  SAT-7 is a Christian Satellite Television Station run by and for the people in the regions previously mentioned. I love this because as a Western woman it is nearly impossible for me to understand the cultural differences. I would not be able to broadcast a show and have it as well received as the shows produced by our staff in the studio locations.


Why SAT-7: 
                I chose SAT-7 as the first non-profit because I work for SAT-7 USA, and honestly, working for them was what inspired this project. Since I work behind-the-scenes, I can see how much it influences the people in the Middle East and North Africa, and that the work SAT-7 produces is such a positive encouragement in the lives of our viewers.

How you can help:
                   1. Give. Duh, this is what every non-profit wants. But if you choose to donate to SAT-7, you can pick where your money goes. If you come from a broadcasting background, maybe you want to have your money be spent to purchase new equipment. Or if your passion is to see young men of faith  trained in Biblical truth, you can specify your dollars to go towards the new TEACH project.
                   2. Pray and Promote. You would not believe how much time the staff of SAT-7 spends in prayer. The actors on each SAT-7 program pray on air, producers pray before shows and in the USA office we pray a lot for our ministry and one another, as well as the donors who write in a prayer request. It's a GREAT work environment. You can also sign up to be a volunteer and to talk about SAT-7 to some of your friends and home church.
                   3. Go. Sometimes SAT-7 USA (Canada and England as well, I believe) will send groups out to certain countries to tour our studios and to meet the staff who are working so hard to make sure each program is as top-quality as it can be. I've seen pictures, and it really does look like a great experience, one that could change you forever!

To follow and learn more about SAT-7 (USA)
Twitter
Facebook
Website

The blog is going to launch soon!
You can also sign up for the e-newsletter, which I have a big hand in writing! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Beth, your job sounds like it really is helping people! How wonderful =) and what dedication you have to brave Mc-e-dees =)

    ReplyDelete