Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 10: Tuesday's Children

What is Tuesday's Children?
          I am taking this description from their tagline; Tuesday's Children provides support for the families of 9/11 and others impacted by global terrorism. 

Tuesday's Children provides several healing programs that follow kids all the way through college. This is a really cool system, especially since they have more recently opened it up to victims of all terrorists attacks, so a boy who lost his father in 9/11 could go on a trip with a boy who lost family in the D.C. sniper attacks and become friends/confidants through the experience. It's a great nonprofit that has really made a difference in the lives of children affected. If you go to their website they have some great videos and articles with stories.

Why Tuesday's Children?
          I really wanted to showcase a ngo that helps the children cope with such a great loss, and while searching I found Tuesday's Children and liked their stories so much I couldn't move to another page. And yes, I blogged about them today because it is Tuesday. I like being that shallow.

Website
Twitter
Facebook

I did however, have a hard time relating enough to create something meaningful for this post. Maybe it is because I have never lost a parent, I don't know. But I did read this blog written by one of my favorite bloggers, Penelope Trunk, who describes her narrow survival from one of the Twin Towers.


Highly recommend reading her story. It puts a lot into perspective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment