Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day: 27-30

"Yes. I have failed already. But my God is a God of grace, and I will get back on track.

I have been very busy since Friday, with work (all day Saturday!), choir and band practice, and a whole lot of church! I've also got some very big projects coming up and I've started a training regime that is taking more hours out of my day. So it's taking some time to adjust to my new schedule with a lot less time.

*Tomorrow I will get back in the swing of posting, with an added extra! :)


Day 29: PeaceJam

"The mission of the PeaceJam Foundation is to create young leaders committed to positive change in themselves, their communities and the world through the inspiration of Nobel Peace Laureates who pass on the spirit, skills, and wisdom they embody."


The website is a bit overwhelming, just to warn you. But PeaceJam seems really cool. Maybe later in the year I'll come back and find out more about their organization.


Website
Facebook
Twitter
Youtube


Day 30: The Joyful Heart Foundation


"Everybody knows that rape, sexual assault and child abuse happen. Society is willing to look at this reality from time to time, but is just as willing to forget the horrible truth about how many survivors are walking among us. The Joyful Heart Foundation is working to build a community that is strong enough not to push this reality away, a community that acknowledges the dark side of this issue, but endeavors to turn toward the light of healing, the path to possibility and the clarity of honest dialogue."


We envision a community that says to a survivor "We hear you. We believe you. We feel for you. You are not alone. And your healing is our priority."


Again, awesome nonprofit. Since this is a very important issue in todays society I will plan on revisiting them.

Website
Facebook
Twitter


Hope everyone had a great weekend!

1 comment: