Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 37: Krochet Kids

-I wish I knew how to crochet. I do know the basics of knitting, and I used to have my friend Miriam teach me when I was middle school. But then she moved away and I had only a couple of lessons. There is this Crocheting School that I'm hoping to one day soon take advantage of. But I digress...

The story of Krotchet Kids is simple and very grass-roots organic. I'm sure you've seen this commercial floating around----


 I first heard about Krochet Kids last fall through a random link that came up on my blog roll. I'm not even sure if I follow the original blogger who linked to this site anymore but I've randomly checked in on the family who introduced me to Krotchet Kids. It takes a lot of guts to move your entire family to a 3rd world country and start a project from the ground up. Mad props.

This organization has a serious stake in taking down poverty. Check them out.

Facebook
Twitter
Youtube 

No comments:

Post a Comment