Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A quiet night...

The apartment was quiet tonight. Very quiet. I got back around six, Sharon got in around nine, and I never even heard the Dutch couple at all. I walked past their door and saw the light turn off. Who is the Dutch couple you ask? They arrived three days ago, so now there is four of us here. They are really sweet, but don't really speak English. The husband knows a bit, I think he knows about as much English as I do Spanish, which is basically enough to get what you need. The wife knows...maybe about five words? She always says hi and good morning to me, and she made me tea two days ago. I really like them, but since I obviously don't speak Dutch we don't see to much of each other.

Yesterday though was pretty busy. After work I went over to a co-worker's house and ate dinner there. He has a wife and a three year old, and I liked them a lot. His wife could understand English a bit more than speaking it, and my co-worker is trying to teach his kid some English (He's very fluent).

After dinner he had his kid sing the Arabic version of "Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes." I started to sing it in English and the boy flipped out! He didn't realize I was singing it in a different language, so he kept shouting "La! La! (Word for no) and telling me the right words. It had both of his dad and I laughing. I wish I had taken more pictures there, especially of the delicious food, but I didn't really get my camera out. I did, however, get some shots of this little cutie/monster.

His yelling something in Arabic. I should also note that he was in the middle of a nap when I arrived, and had the hardest time waking up for dinner. A couple rounds of fighting with his father however...led to a very energetic kid!
One last picture, this is a warning to watch what happens when you let other people in the office take over your camera...
~Men, they are the same in every country. Many a time have I seen this exact thing happen back at school. Makes me feel right at home. :)

Oh a random note, I can't get this song out of my head. I accidentally found it, and now I just have to keep playing it and playing it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH7WXlf9WLk

No comments:

Post a Comment