Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Waiting

Why must we be such impatient creatures? Even back in the Garden, man was impatient. I think God laughs when we get worked up over things that conspire over months, weeks, days, minutes. I imagine that what stretches into a lifetime of waiting for us, is not even a drop in the bucket to Him.

On Thursday I talked to my mentor, Che', and she said she would sign me up for the internship in the Philippines. But I still have yet to hear back on whether it has gone through or not, or if I really can go this time. Last time I got my hopes up so much, then God slammed the door shut. So now I feel like I am walking in the dark, just waiting for a hand to reach out and confirm that I am going in the right direction. I'm going to text Che' tomorrow, just so I can finally start moving with purpose again.

 Because once I have conformation I really get to start hammering out the details. Not mention telling my entire family I'll be spending two months in the Philippines instead of working with my uncle, which is going to be hard. Wow, pretty soon everything is going to start moving so fast. But still, this bit of waiting is so hard to bear. Hopefully I'll have some good news to post tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment