Pages

Friday, December 18, 2009

January

Ok, so I was planning on updating the day after my last post. But I got pretty discouraged when I found out that I might not get word back about my internship until January. Such a bummer. I know I have a spot in the IMB which is the organization through whom I am doing my internship. So to hear that I have to wait so long until I am actually signed up for the trip I want is so frustrating. I feel like I have done everything on my part to be where I need to be, yet I am still stuck in waiting mode. Sigh.
But I did find out something very encouraging. And it is too coincidental to not be a God thing. Tuesday around noon I decided to eat in my school's dining hall, where I happened to bump into a friend.. We decided to eat together and catch up, since the last time we talked was early October. After settling down to eat, we began to discuss break plans. Two of our close friends are getting married in May, with her as the Maid of Honor, so naturally after talking about Christmas break we brought up the summer. As I told her my plans for the Philippines, she started to laugh. She then told me that I was going to find this really funny. It turns out that she is also going to be spending two months in the Philippines. We started digging deeper into the specifics. I couldn't believe that she's applying to the same team through the IMB just like I am. The only difference is she is going to work in an orphanage for two months while I'll be doing media. There are a few teams in the Philippines under the same organization, so while the chances of us getting to see each other while over there is slim, it is really comforting to know that I will not be alone while away so far from home. We might even be able to fly out together. Which would help to survive the 22 hour flight without being completely bored. Hopefully both of us will be processed through without any problems. I know both of us will be crushed if we are denied.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment